1 What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that websites install on your device for various purposes. Cookies can be classified according to different criteria:
a) By the entity that manages them
- Own cookies: These are the cookies sent and managed directly by Tortuga Solutions.
- Third-Party Cookies: These are the cookies sent to the user from a domain other than Tortuga Solutions.
b) According to purpose
- Technical cookies: These are cookies that allow registered users to, through the website, browse the restricted area and use different functions such as, for example, the comments or search system.
- Personalized cookies: These are cookies that allow users to access the Service with some general, predefined characteristics based on a series of criteria established by the user such as, for example, the type of browser they use to connect to the Website.
- Analysis and measurement cookies: These are cookies that, whether processed by the Website or by third parties, allow for the measurement of the number of users and tracking of how they use the website. They are analyzed to improve the website.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are cookies that, processed by the Website or by third parties, store information on the behavior of users obtained through continued observation of their browsing habits, which allows for the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on that profile.
- Social cookies: These are cookies established by social media platforms to allows users to share content with their friends and networks.
c) According to duration
- Session cookies: These are cookies designed to compile and store information while the user accesses the Website.
- Persistent Cookies: These are cookies in which the data remain stored on the user’s device and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the controller of the cookie.
We use first-party and third-party cookies on our website to:
- Recognize your browser and user sessions
- Track your website user behavior
- Make the website more secure
- Offer you things that are most relevant to you
- Provide an all-around better user experience.
3 WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
4 HOW DO YOU MANAGE COOKIES?
- Internet Explorer;
- Safari; and